UNIVERSITY OF ANTWERP
Date: Thursday 5th December 2019
Venue: Klooster van de Grauwzusters, Stadscampus, University of Antwerp
Today’s air transport sector is characterised by overcapacity of seats and cargo space, capacity shortages of infrastructure, low yields, rising fuel- and staff costs, … How do organisations survive in such a competitive environment in which new phenomenon such as flight shaming determine the agenda? We try to find answers to this question on our annual Air Transport Colloquium on 5 December 2019.
During this afternoon event, selected academics will share their insights in the current issues in the air transport value chain during four interesting lectures. Afterwards, we confront our panel of industry stakeholders with recent academic research.
Following speakers and panellists have been confirmed:
- Prof. dr. Sascha Albers (University of Antwerp, AMS)
- Daniel Boeshertz (DG COMP, European Commission)
- Nico van der Linden (SkyTeam)
- Prof. dr. Rosário Macário (Universidade de Lisboa, C-MAT)
- Prof. dr. Gianmaria Martini (University of Bergamo)
- Piet De Munter (Brussels Airport)
- Prof. dr. Eddy Van de Voorde (University of Antwerp, C-MAT)
- Johan Vanneste (Cologne-Bonn Airport)
The closing address will be delivered by Marcel Buelens (CEO Antwerp & Ostend-Bruges Airport)
The full programme can be found online.
Regular registration (incl. documentation file, lunch, coffee/tea and network reception): €100
Reduced student fees are available.