FROM LA PALMA TO MARIE-GALANTE
VIA THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS.
- A departure from the island of La Palma (Canary Islands) 10 NOV 2018
- A 2018 route to Marie-Galante (Guadeloupe Islands) via Mindelo in the Cape Verde islands!
- Meet us at BOOT DUSSELDORF from Jan. 20 to 28 – Hall 13 / D18.
A rally open to all to Marie-Galante in the Islands of Guadeloupe!
A new edition in 2018 via the Cape Verde Islands!
The 2nd edition, programmed in 2018, of the Rallye des Iles du Soleil, organised by Grand Pavois Organisation, with a new route between La Palma (Canary Islands) and Marie-Galante (Guadeloupe Islands) via the Cape Verde Islands, and in particular Mindelo in Sao Vicente. A secure and supervised Atlantic crossing, open to monohulls and multihulls over 10 meters, which will offer a first 970-mile section between La Palma and Mindelo, then a second 2,130 mile section between Mindelo and Marie-Galante.
New departure marina in La Palma and a new stopover in Mindelo (Sao Vicente) in the islands of Cape Verde!
A “new” Rallye des Iles du Soleil 2018 is being prepared since the route will depart from the island of La Palma NEW and will offer a new stopover in the Cape Verde islands, in the bay of Mindelo NEW. A first sailing route involving several days at sea between Canary Islands and the Cape Verde Islands will allow the boats and crews to find their sea legs and discover an archipelago and the island of Sao Vicente which is culturally very rich with its typical architecture that reflects the Portuguese and British influences. Remember that Mindelo is also famous for its music and its musicians: it is the birthplace of the famous singer Cesária Évora. The fleet will be placed in the protected bay of Mindelo, where they will also be able to stock up on fresh produce and even repair any minor technical problems they may have experienced during the first days at sea.
Further information: www.caleromarinas.com/marinas/la-palma/en
Marie-Galante, the arrival island of the “Rallye des Iles du Soleil” to Guadeloupe!
A truly authentic island, for the second year running, Marie-Galante will welcome the “Rallye des Iles du Soleil”. It is a land of rural traditions which cultivates an exceptional way of life. Marie-Galante is proving to be the new destination in the French Antilles. Covering a surface area of 158 km², the island, which is commonly called the “grande galette” owing to its circular shape and low-lying relief (editor’s note, the highest peak, the Morne Constant, rises to 204 m), has three municipalities and 12,410 inhabitants. Marie-Galante, which has up to 106 windmills, and is also called the “island of one hundred windmills” or the “Grande dépendance”. Marie-Galante, the arrival island for this transatlantic event, will be happy to welcome the fleet as it deserves and will provide a wonderful departure point for those wishing to discover the other islands in the Guadeloupe Islands’ archipelago! (Sources: www.ot-mariegalante.com)
“Why should I depart with the Rallye des Iles du Soleil and Grand Pavois Organisation?”
In order to benefit from many advantages, such as:
- Supervision by professionals,
- A departure port, La Palma (Canary Islands) that is ideal for crossing the Atlantic,
- A stopover in Mindelo (island of Sao Vicente) in the Cape Verde islands,
- An arrival in Marie-Galante, the jewel of Guadeloupe Islands,
- A departure on the 10th of November 2018 for an arrival at the beginning of December,
- The chance to sail the trade winds downwind,
- A GPO reference person appointed to help you to prepare your Transatlantic crossing,
- Monitoring of the fleet by satellite accessible over the Internet for your loved ones,
- A controlled number of participants in order to ensure the event’s conviviality,
- Support from top quality institutional, technical and press partners!
The Rallye des Iles du Soleil will attend the Boot in Düsseldorf and the Multihull Show in La Grande-Motte in 2018!
With the support of all the partners, it will be possible to meet the team of the “Rallye des Iles du Soleil” at the forthcoming Boot in Düsseldorf (from 20 to 28 January) HALL 13 / D18 and at the Multihull Show (from 18 to 22 April).
A presence in force since it will be possible to:
- Obtain information concerning the organisation of the Rallye des Iles du Soleil 2018.
- Meet many shipyard and supplier partners (Fountaine Pajot, Amel Yachts, Beneteau, Jeanneau, etc.),
- Discover the Guadeloupe Islands and their tourism offering and prepare the arrival of the Rallye des Iles du Soleil 2018.
The perfect opportunity for those who want to find information, chat with the teams and prepare their participation in 2018 edition that will set sail from the Canaries on 10 November 2018.
Looking for further information?
Information and registration on the website www.rallye-ilesdusoleil.com
Are you interested?
You will find all the information on the Rally’s website and you will also be able to download the Rules and Participation Form.
Do you want to contact us? email@example.com