SHOW RUNS FROM WEDNESDAY 10 – SUNDAY 14 JANUARY, AT LONDON’S EXCEL.
WHERE: Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London E16 1XL
09th Jan 2018
- HRH The Princess Royal due to attend on press day/opening day – Wednesday 10 January
- More than 65 boats and products from the world’s most influential manufacturers will be making their debuts at the Show
– England World Cup winning hat-trick hero Sir Geoff Hurst will also be attending press day, 10 January to officially open the Sunseeker International stand and is available for interview. Sir Geoff will be joined by the Jules Rimet Trophy
- Christian Horner, Team Principle at Red Bull will be making an appearance at the Show on Thursday 11 January
- At 2:30pm on Wednesday 10 January, UK sailor Susie Goodall will reveal how she’s preparing to sail non-stop around the world…without the aid of technology
- The ‘Flying Mantis’ – A hi-tech new British boat that ‘flies’. Called ‘foiling’ the mantis is a lightweight carbon world class trimaran for the solo sail.
- Also: James Bond-style amphibious cars, amazing pedal-boats and ultra-fast RIBs
- YouTube sensations and stars of ‘Sailing La Vagabonde’ Riley Whitelum and Elayna Carausu will be discussing their global travels on Thursday 11 January, talking whales, mishaps…and terrifying run-ins with pirates
- Conrad Humphreys, star of Channel 4’s The Mutiny, will appear Wednesday 10 January to discuss his ocean-going exploits
- Mike Golding, one of the world’s most accomplished and successful offshore sailors, will appear Thursday 11 January
- And guests can try Stand Up Paddleboarding, canoeing and sailing all free and available all day on the huge indoor activity pool
A spokesperson says: “The London Boat Show isn’t just a showcase for the latest and greatest. It celebrates a deep passion for boating and marine lifestyle. Explore a magnificent collection of beautifully restored classic boats, hear from your sailing heroes and legends, rest your sea legs with a drink all at one of our unmissable attractions surrounded by some of the world’s finest yachts.”
Further details: https://www.londonboatshow.com/